Monday, December 29, 2008

The Beginning of a Long 2009 List

I'm coming to the conclusion, that a part of why I've been feeling not so happy these days either is because I'm a "lister". I'm a "lister" who is not doing the act of "listing" out my agendas, ideas, etc.
At the end of 2007, when The New Jack first originated, I was all about listing what was necessary to do during 2008. I listed things I wanted to fix. Things I wanted to change. Things that should remain the same. Things that should be improved upon. Things to be achieved by year end, etc. I've been so bewildered by so many things going on that I haven't, in fact, listed shit.

....How productive.....

In order for 2009 to be as successful as 2008 was for me, I have to go about it the same way and stop already putting down the negative aura and saying "2009 is going to be an utter nightmare..". Wednesday is my last day at work this week before I embark upon "vacation" until the following Thursday. During these final days, I truly need to meditate, figure out plans for how I'm going to do things and list the shit out...just like I did, last year...

The list will begin with this, my quote to live by for 2009:

“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” - Hans Hofmann

No comments: