Monday, May 3, 2010

They Don't Know



It may seem foolish to many, however, this is my favorite R&B song...ever.
I literally remember being in a car being driven around Brooklyn staring at a full moon was the first time I ever heard this song. Even furthermore, it just seems like I have a knack for winding up with the men who are split in halves....
The side that everyone else knows and sees regularly and then the side that I usually have to tell people that they don't know about this here...

It's complicated.
It's far from the nicest position to be in when you want everyone to know the good of a person and that same person only insists on showing off the bad. And so, you wind up in the position of still having to explain and half argue to everyone that they don't know.

What I've realized though, is that a man can drive you to a point of no return that makes you inquire....
Do I know?
I'm insisting that they don't know, but do I really know?

In my last relationship, I couldn't have been proven more wrong about anything...
Because, they did know and I didn't have a clue..

No comments: