Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Revisiting Quotes...

A year ago, I wrote this post, "Quote Them"

With all the happenings in the month of April and me trying REALLY hard to keep quiet and...move forward if you will, I decided to re-list them..

Trying to look at the bigger picture...

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
- Andrew Carnegie

Preach! Write! Act! Do anything save to lay down and die! - Hawthorne

The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do. - Harold Coffin

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Read over your compositions, and when you meet a passage which you think is particularly fine, strike it out.
- Samuel Johnson

He that makes haste to be rich shall not be innocent. - Proverbs (28:20)


There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 1 JOHN 4:18

"Young women are too critical of their looks. What makes you beautiful is feeling comfortable with yourself-and finding happiness in how you live YOUR LIFE"- Vera Wang

Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. - Samuel Johnson

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
- Sheldon S. Maye

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new. - Henry David Thoreau

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. - Winston Churchill

Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
- Confucius

An amateur built an ark that survived a flood while a large group of professionals built the Titanic. - Bill Swanson

Every really new idea looks crazy at first. - Alfred North Whitehead

1 comment:

shes phony, shes FAKE lmao bff said...

love this so much. the carnegie quote is till my favorite shit in life. and 'I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.' i think the world needs to take that L and spread some sunshine and puppies. *cough* one of your bitches lmaoo love u bff, this was soooo good to re-read.