Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday, New Jack

Whoa...
I totally had the date incorrect! I missed my one year birthday! The New Jack is officially one-year old, as of October 17th! I had the date in my head as October 28th, the date that I started my visitor stats...

Finally at a year old, I've been able to write an "about" because it took a year of soul searching, drama, jail, and other trouble for me to find out what I'm really about.
This time LAST year, I was writing about community service in Blue October Waste..telling you my severe finance woes, in An Expense Report and detailing the beginning of some downward depression in Cookie Crumbles. The Significant and I definitely went through the ringer, but a year later we're blissfully happy, and right this minute I really couldn't picture myself with anyoen else. I wrote a letter to my BFF, reminding her that Significant or not, she'll always be the love of my life. Battles with the parentals and a zillion failed job interviews. My first car. My first job after college. A lot of firsts, a lot of failures, but some good successes. 2008 was a nice turn around for The New Jack.

I taught myself the HTML when no one opted to help me...I pretty much taught myself everything when I got empty promises of help that never came through. A year ago, I didn't even have a photo up and the blog wasn't worth anything..a year later? I have photos, banners I made myself, HTML all done by myself and now my blog is actually worthy of being hacked for hundreds of dollars per MONTH. My TIME, my nights up late trying to learn, trying to fix things and my real life tears actually paid off to be something I'm extremely proud of.

So though the journey is far from over, here's to one candle out on the cake...
Or, I could just come out of it Marylin-style























....Happy Birthday, Mrs. President.



This IS what The New Jack about:
" "This here's a classic, just like a pair of Reeboks"-Yung Joc

"..with the spirit of a hustler, and the swagger of a college kid.."- T.I.

Cultural, personal theory-filled, snark, Shakespearean and musical, The New Jack is a compliation blog of all the new happenings in LIFE, art, MUSIC, LOVE, pop-culture, celebrities and most importantly, a real-life twenty-something, The New Jack, herself.

In October of 2007, The New Jack was founded by author Deidre Henry, graduate of SUNY College at Oneonta. Fresh out of college, fresh into trouble and unemployed, while not having a job, the author created her own. It was while in desperate search for a job within the Record Industry, she discovered how to turn her passion as a songwriter into writing about her own life as well as the masses. "I realized that after thinking I knew everything after college, that absolutely everything was new to me...From Kingston, Jamaica to Brooklyn and to Long Island, no matter what I'm always 'The New Jack' on the block".

Truly coming about in the understanding that, "You can pay for school, but you can't buy class"(Jay-Z), The New Jack is expanding her horizons as well as yours one entry post at a time. So on that note, "Let's get these teen hearts beating; Faster, faster!"(Panic! At the Disco). Shall We? "
To read more of The New Jack About, including press, advertising and contact, click here.