Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Jack Update: Brand New

"Is anything I'm doing brand new"-Drake {track: Brand New}

It could be poised as a rhetorical question, but it is indeed something I think at some point we all have to ask ourselves. Unfortunately, I feel that myself as well as my friends aren't asking themselves if they're doing anything brand new. We're all stuck in the same rut, the same pathways. Even though, some things staying stable is always a good thing, there are some instances where change is truly a good thing and I wish that we would all start asking ourselves if we're doing anything "brand new".

.....Because we're not....

I'll admit myself. I wont be outside the glass house and throw the stones, as I know how easy it is to have a role reversal. I could just as easily wind up locked inside that glass house and have people throw stones while I'm indoors. So, I'll be the first to put my food into the pool I haven't been doing anything "brand new". Is writing for me always the "new new", yes, but however, I'm still trapped in all the things I said I wasn't going to do with this including as minor as getting wordpress up and running has left me in a spot of not doing anything "brand new".

In terms of my friends, I see so many transgressions reoccuring, and at this point it's getting slightly ridiculous.

There's only so many times you can get burned by someone or be the person inflicting the burning and by the time you decide to do something brand new, it could very well be too late. If you listen to the song, Brand New by Drake, you'll see that constant mishaps and mistakes he's been comitting against one person he's finally realized. Now that he's decided he could very well be doing something brand new, it could very well be too late for him. As that person...might just move on because of the constant abuse, and I mean abuse in every sense of the word.

Some of my friends go through some struggles, that are on magnitudes that I see can be totally avoidable. Some friends choose their struggles, like myself. Situations with significant others that don't do right by them in the least, that they can LEAVE and upgrade to a better significant, better way of life, better treatment, better everything. Despite this...they choose to struggle. They choose to be abused-on every level by someone who isn't providing not a drop for them. However, at the end of the day this is a choice, in some instances a weakness. As love may cripple us. One must ask, do we choose to be crippled by love or are we just crippled by love that we must endure suffering so? Despite the question, when are those of us who choose this route going to wake up and realize that we need to do something brand new? Or find someone new...

Other friends of mine willing throw themselves into the fire pits. One that has never been a choice of my own, but who am I to knock your hustle. When one willing throws themselves into a fire pit, I have come to realize there is a lack of thought behind it. A woman I've had an on/off again relationship with who has been in my circle forever, I've come to realize she's always in the fire pits because of lack of thought. I hope the way this is phrased doesn't make me come off like King Solomon, but fornicating with someone, a friend of the circle in a bathroom at a bar and emerging with that person being your "routine" will throw you into the fire pit. The lack of thought of what you're doing, what you're saying, when you're saying something etc. Last night, my BFF got into an argument with someone that I've always rooted for to be her Significant. However, these chances are now shot to tell because of simply the lack of thought-of what one is doing, what one is saying, and when it is being said. Though it was foolish that the argument took place on Twitter of ALL places, it doesn't make up for the argument itself, the context, nothing. it was a willing throw into the fire pit. With those who throw themselves into these fire pits, it seems to be a reoccuring theme.

I've observed that the act that ususally gets these people into the fire pit remains the SAME, which is the odd part to me, it's just slightly modified. For example, if the said fire pit act is "to tease some one about their hair COLOR", I've noticed that the fire pit person insists on teasing people about their hair color KNOWING in the back of their mind it's going to get them tossed into the fire. However, they do it time and time again regardless. When they're lectured about it, they modify it 4 weeks later to teasing someone about the LENGTH of their hair. STOP teasing the person, PERIOD. THAT'S the point altogether. The fire pit people seem to engage in the same acts that get them into trouble repeatedly instead of...doing...something...brand new.
It's so sad....the point is missed REGULARLY and the act repeated so many times, so that just like Drake, when you're ready to do something brand new, it's too friggin' late.

I just want everyone to break the cycle, myself included. It's just about that time, that at the age we've all come into, despite still being young, that we all collectively do something..brand new.

Drizzy DRAKE

No comments: