Creator of Spanx
1. Look at a failure as an opportunity.
2. Visualize where you want to be.
3. Set goals and write them down.
4. Initially, don't tell anyone about your idea.
5. There is no such thing as a bad idea.
Founder of DefJam Records and Phat Farm
1. Sell things that people need and can use for a long time.
2. Freeze your ideas and go to work on it.
3. Have faith and do what you believe in.
4. Pray, meditate and look inside yourself for answers.
Kelly Blakely & Brendan Synnott
Owners of Bare Naked
1. Get your hands dirty.
2. LOVE what you do.
3. Great execution makes you successful, NOT great ideas.
4. Focus on being the best at one or two things, not 20.
5. Be Patient.
1. There is no substitute for hard work.
2. Always return phone calls.
3. Hire people who are loyal and honest.
4. Take care of your employees.
5. Invest in yourself.
Creator of Kalologie
1. Do your homework.
2. Make sure you're funded enough so you don't run out of money halfway through the launch of your business.
3. If you're a stay at home mom, be prepared to juggle!
4. Don't take "no" for an answer"