Friday, January 11, 2008

To Quote or Not to Quote


"People will always talk about you, especially when they envy you and the life you live. Let them. You affected their life, they didn't affect yours."


The situation from the post, "Just Like Swimming" has finally come to an explosion. Arguing, denials, ended communications, nasty away messages, Myspace blog posts. These are the actions of someone 4 years my senior. It has been pretty clarified amongst the 4 people, myself included that when the truth comes out no one wants to claim their statements. I'm not angry. There's no need to be. Despite my age, that people incessantly use against me and call me "baby" I repeatedly prove to be the adult in EVERY single situation of my life. Especially altercations.

I WOULD quote the away message of her...no need....
I WOULD quote the Myspace blog post...no need...
To directly quote her though, "I don't do dramatics". If you don't, then was there a need to post an away message and Myspace blog post about it? More importantly, to post and attempt to cover up YOUR wrongdoings and chatterbox behavior?
The best quote to live by in all of this situation that has officially ended in shambles is simple:

"People will always talk about you, especially when they envy you and the life you live. Let them. You affected their life, they didn't affect yours."

No comments: