Friday, December 28, 2007

The Most Inspiring Conversation of My life

I got this quote from someone's away message:

"I am responsible. Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening, I am responsible for my attitude toward the inevitable misfortunes that darken life. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have a" life itself."

-Walter Anderson

I spent a great portion of my afternoon talking to Maurice. The best friend of my ex Cj. It definitely was apparent to us both that it was the will of God that made everything come together. He was supposed to call me today. He was supposed to remind me about my faith in God. I was supposed to break down and say all the things I've wanted to say for quite sometime but have kept quiet out of the exhaustion of being judged. I was supposed to remember how judgmental people are especially the man I once loved, Cj and his mother who never liked me to begin with. It was supposed to happen that I was to be reminded that I am a good person, and dating me is not comparable to one "eating their own vomit". It was supposed to be this way that Maurice was going to prove to me that there is light at the end of the tunnel. He was supposed to walk me through parts of the bible as a reminder that I'm going to pull through all of this. He reminded me and refocused me on so much and with his help, I'll stay on that pathway.

Maurice, I truly love you.

I'm immobilized no more, and I have chosen how I want my character to be defined.

No comments: